Entries in the LGBTIQ+ Lexicon starting with ‘A’
- Ace – Another term for Asexual
- Agender – Having no gender and/or not accepting the gender construct or binary
- Akoisexual/Akoinesexual – A ‘stone’ (as in ‘stone butch’) sexuality where sexual activity may be expressed towards another but wants no reciprocation in return.
- Allosexual – the countertype to Asexual, ie someone who experiences sexual attraction
- Amalgagender – A gender that is mixed one and/or dependant upon being Intersex.
- Ambigender – Feeling of being two genders “experienced simultaneously with no fluidity or shifting”.
- Androgyne/Androgynous – Being neither andros nor gyne, masculine nor feminine in appearance and expression.
- Androphile – Being attracted to the male (andros) form
- Allies – People who are supportive of queer genders and sexualities but are cis and/or het themselves
- Asexual – Having no interest in sex itself as traditional defined. Does not preclude a desire for a relationship, romance or intimacy.
- Autogynephilia – a discredited psychiatric theory concerning two types of transgender causations – see Julia Serano’s refutation
- Autosexual – Self sexual, attracted to self and/or self-pleasure/sex alone
* Some words may be non-English, culturally specific, anachronistic, explicit, or considered offensive to some, use with caution and see the full description, etymology, origins, spread of usage, meaning shift, insult vs reclamation, and application, under the term itself and/or ask a person who identifies with the terminology how they use it and what it means to them.